• Advertisement

Alexa problem with Member_36921 campaign.

Anything related to campaigns goes in here.

Postby wikkxxkhan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:13 am

Hi,
Recently microworkers was bombarded with jobs by Member_36921. Moat of the jobs were PR1,2,3 and 4. but the employer requirement was to complete the job on a blog or website having alexa rate less or equal to 100000. I don't know what is the benefit of alexa, lots of member having PR blogs have missed those tasks, including me...
Is there any way to decrease alexa rank or to remove it from campaign...???
wikkxxkhan

Postby operarius » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,
the alexa rank, e.g. the one for Microworkers is an other measure for the popularity of a page just like the page rank. The pagerank measures how many other pages link to your own page, but the alexa rank is somehow based your number or visitors (i think) and more like a highscore list. The lower the rank, the more visiters you have. Thus, I'm afraid there is no easy way to decrease your alexa rank. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Do you think this is a general problem that microworkers has a lot of these link-jobs where you need an own webpage?
operarius
Site Admin

Postby wikkxxkhan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 pm

operarius wrote:Hi,
the alexa rank, e.g. the one for Microworkers is an other measure for the popularity of a page just like the page rank. The pagerank measures how many other pages link to your own page, but the alexa rank is somehow based your number or visitors (i think) and more like a highscore list. The lower the rank, the more visiters you have. Thus, I'm afraid there is no easy way to decrease your alexa rank. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Do you think this is a general problem that microworkers has a lot of these link-jobs where you need an own webpage?

So, this is why they require alexa rank...
well thanks for reply... :-)
wikkxxkhan

Return to Campaigns