• Advertisement

A little is better than none

Here you can introduce yourself to the other forum members.

Postby sensitiveguy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Hello everyone, just recovering from heart surgery and pretty well house bound. MTurk turned me down ?????? so I thought I'd try Microworkers.
There seem to be a few employers worth working for here and my reasoning goes like this: Min wage $10.25 but working from home .. no driving . . no coffee and donut expense . . . work for as short a time as I want, when ever I want . . soooo I'll take $6 or $7 an hour. We'll see how that goes. I'll be interested to see what your experiences are. Ciou
sensitiveguy

Postby ian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi,

I hope that you continue to recover ok from your heart surgery.

I was turned down by MTurk too before I discovered Microworkers.

I am loving working for Microworkers but I am not sure that I will ever be able to earn a full-time wage from them (as you suggest) as there simply do not appear be enough jobs that I am eligible for to keep me busy 8 hours every day. Personally I tend to look at Microworkers as just a fun way to earn some extra cash when I have a couple of hours spare in the evenings... but if you do find you are eligable for a large number of jobs then go for it!

Having said this I think you may find that you are limited to the number of jobs you can complete each day (20 jobs?) when you first join until you get some positive feedback from your employers.

Keep us up-to-date with how you get on.

Ian.
My Blog, Join me on FaceBook, Join me on Twitter
ian

Return to The Microworkers: Introduce Yourself